Kuwait’s Equate reports financial results for 2016
The company attributed its success, despite the difficulties it faced due to the falls in crude oil prices, to their strong focus on operational efficiency and cost control. The company also said they have become the world’s second largest mono ethylene glycol (MEG) producer with a production capacity of 2.4 million tons/year. They also said they are planning to start-up their new 750,000 tons/year MEG plant in the US Gulf Coast by 2019.
The company voiced its expectation of a rise in demand for their PE and MEG production by 4.5% and 4% respectively in 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains