Kuwait’s Equate reports financial results for 2016
The company attributed its success, despite the difficulties it faced due to the falls in crude oil prices, to their strong focus on operational efficiency and cost control. The company also said they have become the world’s second largest mono ethylene glycol (MEG) producer with a production capacity of 2.4 million tons/year. They also said they are planning to start-up their new 750,000 tons/year MEG plant in the US Gulf Coast by 2019.
The company voiced its expectation of a rise in demand for their PE and MEG production by 4.5% and 4% respectively in 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan