Kuwait's Equate shuts other plants after ethylene unit
Yesterday, the company had shut its 850,000 tons/year ethylene unit, which also affected the company’s MEG and PE production.
Accordingly, the company’s 300,000 tons/year LLDPE, 525,000 tons/year HDPE, 550,000 tons/year MEG and 450,000 tons/year styrene plants were also taken offline, sources said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets
- China PE market continues to see downward corrections amid impending holiday