Kuwait’s Equate sings deal to acquire MEGlobal
According to a bourse statement by Boubyan Petrochemical Company, which holds a 9% stake in Equate, the estimated value of the acquisition was $3.2 billion, $200 million of which will be used to clear MEGlobal’s loans and financial commitments.
MEGlobal is a 50:50 joint venture between Dow Chemical of the United States and Petrochemical Industries Company (PIC) of Kuwait. It can produce 1 million tons/year of MEG at its three production plants located at Alberta, Canada.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe