Kuwait’s PIC plans PX plant in Bahrain, eyes more investments at home, abroad
The company already remains on track with its new integrated PP plant in Alberta, Canada, which is joint venture between Kuwait’s PIC and Canada’s Pembina Pipeline Corp.
The 250,000 tons/year PP plant in Canada will boost the Kuwaiti company’s international status in the petrochemical industry.
The company also plans to build an aromatics complex in Bahrain including a 1.4 million tons/year of PX plant.
PIC is also interested in several allocation opportunities of crucial projects in the United States and South Korea, for which studies are underway.
In addition, the company reportedly started the economic and technical feasibility studies for the fourth Olefins project in Kuwait.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July
- Turkey’s PP markets rise around 10% in a month
- India PVC sees first hike attempts after weeks of declines
- Import PE increases lose momentum in China, except for LDPE
- Downtrend continues into July in Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets
- Pace of PS drops in Asia slackens; ABS downtrend in full swing