Kuwait's PIC remains on track with PP plant in Canada
Accordingly, Kuwait’s PIC has reportedly awarded a contract to the US-based Jacobs Engineering to execute front-end engineering and design (FEED) work for the new PP unit. The FEED activities are expected to be completed as of late 2018.
However, the companies did not disclose the value of the contract at the time of publication. The new project is estimated to cost around $3.8-$4.2 billion.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures