Kuwait's TKSC’s net profit falls 23% in 2015
However, the company reported that despite a planned maintenance, styrene production at their 450,000 tons/year plant rose about 10% in 2015. The company also said that despite a 30% decline in styrene prices last year, they were able to preserve their profit margins owing to the decrease in feedstock costs.
According to TKSC, 2016 will also be a challenging year while they do not expect to see much fluctuation in prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers