LATEST NEWS: Initial Mid-East PE offers surface for April in Turkey
The producer’s most recent offers stand at $850-870/ton for LDPE, 810-820$/ton for LLDPE and HDPE film, all CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
Players were already expecting to hear visible declines from the Middle East for April due to an intensifying downward pressure from plunging costs on a global scale, virus-hit demand in certain end product sectors in Turkey as well as more-than-a decade low PE prices in China.
Meanwhile, a Saudi Arabian producer reported concluding HDPE film and blow moulding deals at $800-820/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash. These levels indicated decreases of $80/ton, at least, when a monthly comparison is made.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP price uptrend intact after holidays despite local supply pressure
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey