LATEST NEWS: Mid-Eastern PE producer unveils Dec offers to Turkey
Accordingly, the producer’s recent list prices stand at $1060-1070/ton for LDPE, $1040/ton for LLDPE c4 film and $1170/ton for HDPE film, all on CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty cash basis.
A company source reported, “We have achieved a few deals albeit for limited amounts. Although we don’t have large stocks, we may consider re-evaluating our initial prices depending on feedbacks and firm bids from our customers.”
A manufacturer noted, “Middle Eastern sources are likely to face downward pressure from aggressive American offers. Most sellers are trying to deplete their stocks before the new-year starts and supplies are smooth amid slow buying interest. Therefore, we believe that our supplier may concede to additional decreases on deals.”
A player also opined, “Further drops seem on the horizon especially for HDPE film based on visibly lower Mid-Eastern offers as low as $1060/ton CFR China.”
Meanwhile, US prices were quoted at $1040-1060/ton for LDPE, $970/ton for LLDPE and $1160/ton for HDPE film with the same terms above at the time of publication.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?