LATEST NEWS: S. Korea’s LG Chem shuts cracker after fire
The company is reportedly conducting an investigation to find the cause of the fire. Sources added that the shutdown may last for several weeks and possibly affect downstream production units.
The Yeosu cracker is able to produce around 1.1 million tons/year of ethylene and 550,000 tons/year of propylene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE markets remain bearish, but are competitive offers from US fading?
- Premium of Turkey and SE Asia over China nears pre-pandemic norms in PP markets
- Will Asian PVC markets move up to match Taiwanese Sept PVC pricing?
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets fall for fourth month running in August
- Asian styrene prices tumble, following in footsteps of crude
- What does China’s self-sufficiency mean for global PP markets?
- Asian PVC back to pre-pandemic price league; players question the bottom
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 2022 polymer imports surpass 3 million tons
- Global oil and petchem companies announce Q2 results
- STATS: China’s H1 polymer imports lowest since 2017, exports at a record-high