LATEST NEWS: September styrene contract settles in Europe
The latest settlement met earlier expectations and marked the second consecutive monthly hike in styrene contracts.
According to ChemOrbis Price Wizard, spot styrene prices on an FOB NWE basis stand $15/ton (€14/ton) above early August levels at $965/ton (€880/ton) on a weekly average.
Upstream, September benzene contracts settled up by €83/ton ($91/ton) from August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets