LATEST NEWS: Turkey’s August polymer imports down almost 35% on year
The top polymer exporters to Turkey remained as Saudi Arabia with 73,683 tons, followed by Korea (27,352 tons), India (17,664 tons), Belgium (17,015 tons) and Iran (16.914 tons) in August.
In August, homo-PP imports were down by 26% to 107,000 tons compared to July. They were down by 28% from the same month of 2017. Saudi Arabia remained as the top homo-PP exporter in July with 44,734 tons, followed by India (11,806 tons), Egypt (10.224 tons), South Korea (8,212 tons) and Israeli (6,456 tons).
For PP copolymer, Turkey’s August imports shrank 40.6% on the month and 47% on year to 19,000 tons. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of Turkey with 5,420 tons.
Imports for LLDPE decreased by 27% on the month and 31% on year to around 31,000 tons in August. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 11,233 tons, followed by the USA (4,548 tons). In the meantime, Turkey’s mLLDPE imports plunged 40% in August on the month and 50% from the same month of 2017 to 3,000 tons. The Netherlands took BAE’s place to become Turkey’s top supplier with 1,199 tons.
Imports for LDPE were down by 17% in August both on a monthly and yearly basis to 19,000 tons. Belgium was the top supplier of Turkey with 3,144 tons, followed by Qatar (2,295 tons) and Saudi Arabia (2,894 tons).
HDPE imports plunged 38% in August on a monthly basis to 32,000 tons while plummeted by 47.5% from a year earlier. Saudi Arabia took Iran’s place to become the top exporter of Turkey with 8,594 tons, followed by Iran (5,967 tons) and Uzbekistan (3,636 tons).
Turkey’s August PVC imports were visibly down by 20% from a month earlier, while they declined by 38% on a yearly basis to around 39,000 tons. The top PVC suppliers were France (6,838 tons), the UK (5,223 tons) and Mexico (4,622 tons).
Regarding styrenics, Turkey imported 13,420 tons of PS in August, down by 7.5% on the month and down by 42.6% on the year. Belgium remained as the top exporter with 6,121 tons.
ABS imports in August plunged by 50% to 6,000 tons from July and almost by 54% from the same month of 2017. South Korea remained as the top supplier with 4,155 tons.
Turkey’s August EPS imports were at 4,139 tons, down 23% from July and about 24.5% year on year. Austria was the top exporter in August with 1,104 tons.
Meanwhile, Turkey’s August imports for PET bottle jumped by almost 62% month over month and by 24% year over year to 13,612 tons. China was the top exporter of Turkey with 8,226 tons.
To track Turkey’s imports by country, please click here (For members only)
To track Turkey’s imports by product, please click here (For members only)
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient