LATEST NEWS: Turkey’s Petkim starts resuming operations
The maintenance, carried out once in every four years, was scheduled to last around 63 days in total. Players claimed that Petkim faced some delays regarding the restarting process, meanwhile.
Players report that the domestic producer restarted its PE plant by around mid-November. Petkim’s PVC unit reportedly restarted on November 18, approximately 10-15 days later than it was initially planned.
The company’s ethylene plant was to be offline for around 45 days and restart was expected around by November 10-11. “The producer has been in restart process at its ethylene cracker as of this week,” said a player.
As for PP, Petkim was due to resume production between November 21-24, market players in Turkey further highlighted.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Insight: What will drive polymer markets from here? Demand or costs?
- October PP, PE expectations call for minor changes in Türkiye
- Import PE film prices at around-six-month highs in China and SE Asia
- African PP, PE markets fully head north in September
- Rising costs push PET bottle markets to around 4-month highs in Asia
- Mid-Eastern PP and PE markets join rally in September
- Asia’s PS, ABS markets reach multi-month highs on cost support
- LDPE sees larger gains on elusive supply in Europe
- Türkiye’s polymer markets in flux amid bullish costs, lackluster demand
- China’s import PE prices resume uptrend on ongoing cost support