LATEST NEWS: Turkey’s central bank holds interest rates stable
The following statement has been made after the bank’s meeting: “Although the downward effects of the pandemic-related restrictions on the economy are more confined compared to the second quarter of last year, the slowdown in activity in services and related sectors and uncertainties surrounding the short-run outlook of these sectors prevail.”
The Central Bank had increased its policy rates to 17% from 15% in the last meeting of last year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?