LATEST NEWS: Turkish central bank drops interest rates
Accordingly, the one-week repo auction rate has been reduced from 19.75% to 16.5%.
The Monetary Policy Committee said in the press release that the underlying trend indicators, supply-side factors, and import prices have led to an improvement in the inflation outlook and, considering all the factors affecting inflation outlook, the Committee decided to reduce the policy rate by 325 basis points.
The Committee also said that the central bank’s current monetary policy stance is largely considered to be consistent with the projected disinflation path.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan