LATEST NEWS: US LLDPE breaks below $1000 CFR threshold in Turkey
Activity for PE has been subdued amid Ramadan lull and economic uncertainties in the country during the recent weeks, while LLDPE supply was considered adequate.
“US PE offers have been under pressure given the narrow gap between them and Middle Eastern origins. Their long delivery terms also curtailed their competitive power in the import market as buyers are unwilling to secure long distance cargos,” commented players.
Earlier in May, US LLDPE film offers were quoted at $1020-1030/ton with the same terms before prices touched $1000/ton at the start of this week. Middle Eastern LLDPE prices were reported between $1030-1060/ton subject to 6.5% duty earlier this month, meanwhile.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient