LATEST NEWS: US LLDPE breaks below $1000 CFR threshold in Turkey
Activity for PE has been subdued amid Ramadan lull and economic uncertainties in the country during the recent weeks, while LLDPE supply was considered adequate.
“US PE offers have been under pressure given the narrow gap between them and Middle Eastern origins. Their long delivery terms also curtailed their competitive power in the import market as buyers are unwilling to secure long distance cargos,” commented players.
Earlier in May, US LLDPE film offers were quoted at $1020-1030/ton with the same terms before prices touched $1000/ton at the start of this week. Middle Eastern LLDPE prices were reported between $1030-1060/ton subject to 6.5% duty earlier this month, meanwhile.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe