LDPE and LLDPE follow different paths in China
Data obtained from ChemOrbis Price Index shows that local LDPE’s premium over LLDPE film prices has decreased to $136/ton recently, down by $86/ton when compared to the pre-holiday week.
A trader opined, “Although demand will return to normal levels in the face of spring season as well as the peak season for PE film in the northern part of China, local LDPE prices posted drops last week as they previously firmed up too much.”
Meanwhile, players also reported that overall inventory levels increased a lot in the local market when compared to levels before Chinese New Year.
A trader stated that in addition to local producers’ CNPC and Sinopec’s inventory levels which rose by around 30% from the pre-holiday levels, a huge amount of import cargoes are also expected to arrive to China’s ports after the holiday.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Africa’s PP, PE markets up in February, as supplies outweigh scant demand
- Stats: S. Korea’s 2023 PP exports down for 2nd year, PE sets a new record high
- PP, PE rally wavers in Türkiye; March outlook under discussion
- Crude oil prices seesaw on geopolitics and ebbing demand
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check