LDPE film remains under pressure in SE Asia
Import LDPE film prices in Southeast Asia are currently standing at $1270-1300/ton CIF Southeast Asia, cash basis while import LDPE prices in China are reported at $1200-1220/ton CIF, cash.
Based on the netback to China, LDPE remains under clear downward pressure given the fact that the $1200/ton CFR level in China theoretically enables re-exports to SEA as low as $1220/ton CIF when the shipping cost of $20/ton from China to mainly Vietnam is considered.
As can be seen from the graph below created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard, weekly average LDPE prices in Southeast Asia have been carrying a premium over China since early February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia