LDPE prices fall below LLDPE, HDPE prices in China
(Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard)
To see a graph tracking PE price movements in China for the past 52 weeks,please click here
In the middle of July 2011, import LDPE film prices had been carrying a premium of around $150-200/ton when compared with LLDPE and HDPE film prices. The gap between HDPE and LDPE film prices moved below $100/ton by the fall of 2011, although LDPE film prices continued to carry a premium of around $175-215/ton when compared with LLDPE film prices.
By the beginning of 2012, HDPE film prices were trading close to par with LDPE film, while LLDPE continued to trade at a discount of around $125/ton. LDPE’s relative position against LLDPE and HDPE film has steadily weakened over the past six months. HDPE film prices gained a premium over LDPE prices in mid-May, by which time LLDPE film prices had risen to trade at a discount of less than $50/ton against LDPE film. LLDPE began to trade with a premium over LDPE last week after the two products had been trading nearly at par since late May. At the end of last week, LDPE film traded at a discount of around $25-30/ton from LLDPE film while HDPE film traded with a premium of $50/ton over LDPE film.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Insight: What will drive polymer markets from here? Demand or costs?
- October PP, PE expectations call for minor changes in Türkiye
- Import PE film prices at around-six-month highs in China and SE Asia
- African PP, PE markets fully head north in September
- Rising costs push PET bottle markets to around 4-month highs in Asia
- Mid-Eastern PP and PE markets join rally in September
- Asia’s PS, ABS markets reach multi-month highs on cost support
- LDPE sees larger gains on elusive supply in Europe
- Türkiye’s polymer markets in flux amid bullish costs, lackluster demand
- China’s import PE prices resume uptrend on ongoing cost support