LG Chem awards KBR to expand ethylene plant
The ethylene plant in Daesan originally had a capacity of 350,000 tons/year, which was expanded over the years by cooperation between LG Chem and KBR, the reports revealed.
More than 21 ethylene plants with a combined capacity of 13 million tons/year have used KBR’s technologies for almost 30 years in their production of ethylene, propylene and other byproducts.
The value of the contract signed between the two companies is not known.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers