LG Chem awards KBR to expand ethylene plant
The ethylene plant in Daesan originally had a capacity of 350,000 tons/year, which was expanded over the years by cooperation between LG Chem and KBR, the reports revealed.
More than 21 ethylene plants with a combined capacity of 13 million tons/year have used KBR’s technologies for almost 30 years in their production of ethylene, propylene and other byproducts.
The value of the contract signed between the two companies is not known.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe