LG Chem to convert PS line into ABS, add ethylene capacity
It is expected that ABS output will increase 30,000 tons/year to 880,000 tons/year via the conversion and PS output will decrease 50,000 tons/year to 50,000 tons/year so as to enhance its profitable output.
LG will also spend around 287 billion won ($257.46 million) to increase its ethylene capacity at Daesan by 2019. It will add 230,000 tons/year of ethylene capacity to bring total output to 1.27 million tons/year. The company’s total ethylene capacity will increase to 2.43 million tons/year when including its Yeosu site. The company plans to add feedstocks that will supply its need for high-value added products and allow the company to maintain its lead in the market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs