LG Chem to convert PS line into ABS, add ethylene capacity
It is expected that ABS output will increase 30,000 tons/year to 880,000 tons/year via the conversion and PS output will decrease 50,000 tons/year to 50,000 tons/year so as to enhance its profitable output.
LG will also spend around 287 billion won ($257.46 million) to increase its ethylene capacity at Daesan by 2019. It will add 230,000 tons/year of ethylene capacity to bring total output to 1.27 million tons/year. The company’s total ethylene capacity will increase to 2.43 million tons/year when including its Yeosu site. The company plans to add feedstocks that will supply its need for high-value added products and allow the company to maintain its lead in the market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month