LG Chem to convert PS line into ABS, add ethylene capacity
It is expected that ABS output will increase 30,000 tons/year to 880,000 tons/year via the conversion and PS output will decrease 50,000 tons/year to 50,000 tons/year so as to enhance its profitable output.
LG will also spend around 287 billion won ($257.46 million) to increase its ethylene capacity at Daesan by 2019. It will add 230,000 tons/year of ethylene capacity to bring total output to 1.27 million tons/year. The company’s total ethylene capacity will increase to 2.43 million tons/year when including its Yeosu site. The company plans to add feedstocks that will supply its need for high-value added products and allow the company to maintain its lead in the market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia