LLDPE, PVC, PP futures on Dalian see consecutive decreases
January LLDPE and PP futures recorded cumulative decreases of CNY500/ton ($75/ton) and CNY311/ton ($47/ton), respectively, in the last three days of trading. January PVC futures, meanwhile, posted a relatively larger reduction of CNY690/ton ($103/ton) over the same period.
On August 15, futures were down by CNY305/ton ($46/ton) for LLDPE, by CNY108/ton ($16/ton) for PP and by CNY360/ton ($54/ton) for PVC on a week over week comparison.
A trader based in China commented, “Import PP and PE prices are still on a firmer note while the local market faces some pressure due to softer futures. Done deals are concluded with slight discounts, remaining limited to buyers’ urgent needs.”
A PVC buyer in China commented, “The recent softening in Dalian futures is slightly exerting pressure on the local market this week, yet we think that PVC prices are likely to maintain their firm trend in the near term due to low supplies and improving demand ahead of the manufacturing season.”
A major Taiwanese producer revealed its September PVC prices to China, India and Southeast Asia with $60/ton increases from August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds