LLDPE loses premium over HDPE in SE Asia
According to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Index, import HDPE film prices in Southeast Asia moved below import LLDPE prices for the first time in mid-May 2016 and LLDPE traded with a premium of more than $50/ton over HDPE film until early January, 2017. After that, the gap between LLDPE film and HDPE film started to narrow while LLDPE film prices have gone below HDPE film prices recently by $5/ton for the first time in almost a year.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
A Philippine converter commented, “Nowadays, HDPE prices are exposed to the recent downturn to a lesser extent due to the supply tightness of this grade in the first quarter.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high