LLDPE loses premium over HDPE in SE Asia
According to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Index, import HDPE film prices in Southeast Asia moved below import LLDPE prices for the first time in mid-May 2016 and LLDPE traded with a premium of more than $50/ton over HDPE film until early January, 2017. After that, the gap between LLDPE film and HDPE film started to narrow while LLDPE film prices have gone below HDPE film prices recently by $5/ton for the first time in almost a year.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
A Philippine converter commented, “Nowadays, HDPE prices are exposed to the recent downturn to a lesser extent due to the supply tightness of this grade in the first quarter.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds