LLDPE loses premium over HDPE in SE Asia
According to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Index, import HDPE film prices in Southeast Asia moved below import LLDPE prices for the first time in mid-May 2016 and LLDPE traded with a premium of more than $50/ton over HDPE film until early January, 2017. After that, the gap between LLDPE film and HDPE film started to narrow while LLDPE film prices have gone below HDPE film prices recently by $5/ton for the first time in almost a year.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
A Philippine converter commented, “Nowadays, HDPE prices are exposed to the recent downturn to a lesser extent due to the supply tightness of this grade in the first quarter.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out
- Modest supply sends PVC prices to almost 5-month highs in Türkiye
- PP markets in Italy and West Europe edgy as supplies shrink, costs rise