LLDPE producers in SEA switch to metallocene
A trader in Malaysia commented, “Exxon is currently concentrating on producing LLDPE metallocene in Singapore and they are planning to produce only the metallocene grade after six months. We think LLDPE film prices will remain firm while metallocene prices may face pressure due to increasing supply in the medium term.”
Similarly, a trader in Indonesia reported, “Titan, a local producer, is producing metallocene for now and is expected to reduce their operating rate by 30% throughout September due to higher ethylene prices.”
According to a distributor in Singapore, Thailand’s PTT Global Chemical is planning to switch its production from LLDPE c4 film to metallocene grade at its plant with a production capacity of 400,000 tons/year in mid-October. He also reported that Prime Evolue Singapore, a joint venture between Prime Polymer and Mitsui & Co., has recently launched its new metallocene LLDPE plant with 300,000 tons/year of capacity in Jurong Island, Singapore.
This week, a Vietnamese buyer reported receiving a Korean mLLDPE c6 offer at $1330-1340/ton on CIF, cash basis while Malaysian buyers reported Singaporean offers in the range of $1300-1380/ton DAP, cash.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS