LLDPE supply remains tight in Philippines, Thailand
A distributor based in Thailand reported that local PE prices held steady owing to limited supply from a local producer, adding that local tightness has kept local prices in Thailand above the regional average. “Demand seems to be stable, but buyers limit their purchases to smaller quantities compared with previous months. We expect no major changes until the 3rd week of June,” the distributor stated.
In the Philippines, players commented that local LLDPE supply remains tight. A converter reported purchasing domestic LLDPE film at PHP71500/ton ($1391/ton without VAT) FD Philippines, cash inc VAT. “Local availability is very limited and traders who have material on hand have lifted their prices accordingly. We are also considering some import cargoes, although we will have to carefully consider the landed costs of imports before sourcing from overseas,” the buyer stated.
Local LLDPE c4 film prices stand at THB46500/ton ($1324/ton) on FD Thailand, cash basis while local prices in the Philippines stand at PHP65000-71500/ton ($1265-1391/ton without VAT) FD Philippines, cash inc VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?