LLDPE supply tight in Southeast Asia
Supply for LLDPE has been reduced in the Philippines for some time. A converter producing plastic bags reported, “The supply side is becoming more comfortable for HDPE; however, LLDPE supply is still tight.”
An unplanned shutdown at a Thai producer’s cracker and downstream PE units affected its main export markets, Indonesia and Vietnam. A distributor in Indonesia reported that the Thai producer’s shipments to its customers were delayed and LLDPE faced a more considerable impact of this due to a two-week shutdown. “We feel that prices have reached the bottom already, however some customers still prefer to wait and see,” said the distributor.
A trader in Indonesia also confirmed that LLDPE supply for Middle Eastern origins is a bit tight while another trader in Vietnam said, “LLDPE demand is better than HDPE and therefore, we consider engaging in purchases only for LLDPE.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets