LLDPE supply tight in Southeast Asia
Supply for LLDPE has been reduced in the Philippines for some time. A converter producing plastic bags reported, “The supply side is becoming more comfortable for HDPE; however, LLDPE supply is still tight.”
An unplanned shutdown at a Thai producer’s cracker and downstream PE units affected its main export markets, Indonesia and Vietnam. A distributor in Indonesia reported that the Thai producer’s shipments to its customers were delayed and LLDPE faced a more considerable impact of this due to a two-week shutdown. “We feel that prices have reached the bottom already, however some customers still prefer to wait and see,” said the distributor.
A trader in Indonesia also confirmed that LLDPE supply for Middle Eastern origins is a bit tight while another trader in Vietnam said, “LLDPE demand is better than HDPE and therefore, we consider engaging in purchases only for LLDPE.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets