LLDPE tightness eases in Philippines
An end product manufacturer in the Philippines commented, “JG Summit has restarted its plant, yet they have limited allocation for July. Suppliers from the Middle East and ASEAN countries have raised their offers compared to the previous month. We were surprised to see that Middle Eastern producers have not limited their allocation and are open to negotiations for LLDPE.”
A trader also confirmed that LLDPE and LDPE tightness has started to ease. He also informed that LLDPE supply is more than LDPE in the market. “We attribute this situation to the increasing orders for LLDPE during JG Summit’s shutdown and these cargoes have now arrived. Buying activity is slow as converters keep high inventory levels,” added the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand