LLDPE tightness eases in Philippines
An end product manufacturer in the Philippines commented, “JG Summit has restarted its plant, yet they have limited allocation for July. Suppliers from the Middle East and ASEAN countries have raised their offers compared to the previous month. We were surprised to see that Middle Eastern producers have not limited their allocation and are open to negotiations for LLDPE.”
A trader also confirmed that LLDPE and LDPE tightness has started to ease. He also informed that LLDPE supply is more than LDPE in the market. “We attribute this situation to the increasing orders for LLDPE during JG Summit’s shutdown and these cargoes have now arrived. Buying activity is slow as converters keep high inventory levels,” added the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem