LLDPE trades on par with HDPE film in Turkey
According to ChemOrbis Origin Based Price Index, Middle Eastern HDPE’s premium over LLDPE was down to $20/ton in December from $60/ton in November following the increases in the last month of 2020. As the new-year started, the price gap between the two products disappeared in the midst of a stronger trend for LLDPE.
Overall, import LLDPE C4 film market has soared $107/ton (9%) from late December, while HDPE film was up by $68/ton (5.2%) in the same period. “Turkey absorbed larger hikes for LLDPE mainly due to the absence of major import suppliers. Material without additive has been limited particularly,” noted a player.
Local LLDPE moved above HDPE for the first time since June
A similar picture was valid in Turkey’s locally-held markets this week. The local LLDPE C4 film market even traded $30/ton above HDPE film, the weekly average data from ChemOrbis revealed, as prompt supplies gradually diminished for the first one.
LLDPE C4 film prices had last traded with a premium over HDPE film in June 2020. Players commented, “A lack of much material from Iran, Saudi Arabia and the US amid logistic mishaps spurred LLDPE demand further. Several distributors have low stocks on hand which prompted them to lift prices for another week.”
The locally-held PE ranges were last assessed flat at $1820-1880/ton for LDPE and $1480-1520/ton for HDPE film ex-warehouse, inc. VAT on the week. LLDPE C4 film moved up by $30/ton on both ends to $1510-1550/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Türkiye’s PP and PE markets extend losses into June, liquidity issues persist
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply