Lebanese buyer: Competitive Chinese PE prices surface
According to the converter, Chinese HDPE film offers stand at $1150-1180/ton while LDPE film offers stand at $1180-1210/ton on a CIF Beirut, Lebanon, 90 days basis. Middle Eastern offers, meanwhile, stand at $1250/ton for HDPE film and at $1270/ton for LDPE film with the same terms. These figures suggest that there are $70-100/ton and $60-90/ton gaps between the Chinese and Middle Eastern HDPE and LDPE film offers, respectively.
“Middle Eastern offers indicate increases for this month while Asian origins are more competitive. However, we are still hesitant to make fresh purchases since our end product markets are not performing well. Most players, like us, are limiting their purchases to the minimum given higher prices. We are just hoping that the slow demand will push traders into negotiating on their offers,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand