Lebanese buyer: Competitive Chinese PE prices surface
According to the converter, Chinese HDPE film offers stand at $1150-1180/ton while LDPE film offers stand at $1180-1210/ton on a CIF Beirut, Lebanon, 90 days basis. Middle Eastern offers, meanwhile, stand at $1250/ton for HDPE film and at $1270/ton for LDPE film with the same terms. These figures suggest that there are $70-100/ton and $60-90/ton gaps between the Chinese and Middle Eastern HDPE and LDPE film offers, respectively.
“Middle Eastern offers indicate increases for this month while Asian origins are more competitive. However, we are still hesitant to make fresh purchases since our end product markets are not performing well. Most players, like us, are limiting their purchases to the minimum given higher prices. We are just hoping that the slow demand will push traders into negotiating on their offers,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?
- Modest availability from main PVC sources limits price drops in Turkey