Lebanese buyer: Competitive Chinese PE prices surface
According to the converter, Chinese HDPE film offers stand at $1150-1180/ton while LDPE film offers stand at $1180-1210/ton on a CIF Beirut, Lebanon, 90 days basis. Middle Eastern offers, meanwhile, stand at $1250/ton for HDPE film and at $1270/ton for LDPE film with the same terms. These figures suggest that there are $70-100/ton and $60-90/ton gaps between the Chinese and Middle Eastern HDPE and LDPE film offers, respectively.
“Middle Eastern offers indicate increases for this month while Asian origins are more competitive. However, we are still hesitant to make fresh purchases since our end product markets are not performing well. Most players, like us, are limiting their purchases to the minimum given higher prices. We are just hoping that the slow demand will push traders into negotiating on their offers,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion