Lebanese buyer: Competitive Chinese PE prices surface
According to the converter, Chinese HDPE film offers stand at $1150-1180/ton while LDPE film offers stand at $1180-1210/ton on a CIF Beirut, Lebanon, 90 days basis. Middle Eastern offers, meanwhile, stand at $1250/ton for HDPE film and at $1270/ton for LDPE film with the same terms. These figures suggest that there are $70-100/ton and $60-90/ton gaps between the Chinese and Middle Eastern HDPE and LDPE film offers, respectively.
“Middle Eastern offers indicate increases for this month while Asian origins are more competitive. However, we are still hesitant to make fresh purchases since our end product markets are not performing well. Most players, like us, are limiting their purchases to the minimum given higher prices. We are just hoping that the slow demand will push traders into negotiating on their offers,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa