Lebanese buyer: Competitive Chinese PE prices surface
According to the converter, Chinese HDPE film offers stand at $1150-1180/ton while LDPE film offers stand at $1180-1210/ton on a CIF Beirut, Lebanon, 90 days basis. Middle Eastern offers, meanwhile, stand at $1250/ton for HDPE film and at $1270/ton for LDPE film with the same terms. These figures suggest that there are $70-100/ton and $60-90/ton gaps between the Chinese and Middle Eastern HDPE and LDPE film offers, respectively.
“Middle Eastern offers indicate increases for this month while Asian origins are more competitive. However, we are still hesitant to make fresh purchases since our end product markets are not performing well. Most players, like us, are limiting their purchases to the minimum given higher prices. We are just hoping that the slow demand will push traders into negotiating on their offers,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand, lower costs drag Asia PET markets down
- Small rally in Vietnamese local PP, PE markets proves short-lived
- Softer expectations take hold of Europe’s PE market for November
- Asia PS, ABS markets under pressure from multi-year low styrene
- US PE exports to continue to dominate Q4 market outlook
- Taiwanese major sells out Nov PVC quota to India ahead of Diwali
- Will Asian spot ethylene markets pull back from 10-year lows?
- October hikes prove short-lived in Europe’s PP market
- Firming PE trend stumbles, medium-term expectations stifled in Turkey
- PET prices fail to rebound from near 3-year low in Asia, Europe