Lebanese buyer: Despite decreases, there is no rush to purchase
The buyer received January LDPE film at $1300/ton and HDPE and LLDPE film offers at $1280/ton on a CIF Beirut, Lebanon, 90 days deferred payment basis. Meanwhile, they also received PP raffia and injection prices at a single level of $1300/ton with the same terms.
“Overall trading activities are very slow in Lebanon while the political unrest still weighs on the country’s economic conditions. We hold sufficient stock levels and we are not planning to make fresh purchases unless we feel the need. However, we are not receving a satisfactory number of orders from our end customers. Over the near term, we see no chance for prices to rebound. Plus, crude oil prices are still declining and this is reinforcing additional decrease expectations,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November