Lebanese buyer: Despite decreases, there is no rush to purchase
The buyer received January LDPE film at $1300/ton and HDPE and LLDPE film offers at $1280/ton on a CIF Beirut, Lebanon, 90 days deferred payment basis. Meanwhile, they also received PP raffia and injection prices at a single level of $1300/ton with the same terms.
“Overall trading activities are very slow in Lebanon while the political unrest still weighs on the country’s economic conditions. We hold sufficient stock levels and we are not planning to make fresh purchases unless we feel the need. However, we are not receving a satisfactory number of orders from our end customers. Over the near term, we see no chance for prices to rebound. Plus, crude oil prices are still declining and this is reinforcing additional decrease expectations,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?