Lebanese buyer receives lower November Saudi prices
The buyer commented, “These decrease amounts should have been issued two months ago. However, the producer delayed decreasing their prices until they ended up with excessive stocks, which stemmed from buyers’ resistance towards high offer levels during the past months. We prefer to hear the rest of the Middle Eastern producers’ offers before deciding on our purchases. On another note, demand remains thin in Lebanon when considering the ongoing political issues and the impending year end, which adds to the situation as the market traditionally becomes very slow and prices soften.”
The converter received HDPE film at $1600/ton, down $40/ton, HDPE blow moulding at $1610/ton, down $50/ton, HDPE injection at $1610/ton, down by $60/ton, LDPE film at $1610/ton, down $60/ton, LLDPE film at $1610/ton, down by $50/ton, PP raffia and injection at $1580/ton, down by $40/ton, PP film at $1610/ton, down by $40/ton, PP block copolymer injection at $1640/ton and PP random copolymer injection at $1730/ton, down by $60/ton, GPPS is at $1730/ton, down by $70/ton and HIPS at $1800/ton, down by $90/ton, on CIF Beirut, Lebanon, 90 days differed payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness