Lebanese buyer receives lower November Saudi prices
The buyer commented, “These decrease amounts should have been issued two months ago. However, the producer delayed decreasing their prices until they ended up with excessive stocks, which stemmed from buyers’ resistance towards high offer levels during the past months. We prefer to hear the rest of the Middle Eastern producers’ offers before deciding on our purchases. On another note, demand remains thin in Lebanon when considering the ongoing political issues and the impending year end, which adds to the situation as the market traditionally becomes very slow and prices soften.”
The converter received HDPE film at $1600/ton, down $40/ton, HDPE blow moulding at $1610/ton, down $50/ton, HDPE injection at $1610/ton, down by $60/ton, LDPE film at $1610/ton, down $60/ton, LLDPE film at $1610/ton, down by $50/ton, PP raffia and injection at $1580/ton, down by $40/ton, PP film at $1610/ton, down by $40/ton, PP block copolymer injection at $1640/ton and PP random copolymer injection at $1730/ton, down by $60/ton, GPPS is at $1730/ton, down by $70/ton and HIPS at $1800/ton, down by $90/ton, on CIF Beirut, Lebanon, 90 days differed payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm