Lebanese converter: April import PE and PP prices rise
Looking at overall prices, they stand at $1250/ton for HDPE film, $1280/ton for HDPE blow moulding, $1300/ton for HDPE injection, $1260/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1270/ton for LDPE film, $1060/ton for PP raffia and injection, $1080/ton for PP film and fibre, $1140/ton for PPBC injection and $1240/ton for PPRC injection on CIF Beirut, Lebanon, 90 days deferred payment basis.
The buyer, who received these fresh levels, commented, “We were already expecting increases from the Saudi producer but, to be honest, the increase amounts exceeded our expectations a bit. Due to the new higher levels, market players appear to be in a panic mood so, they have started to place more inquiries. Therefore, we hear there is some improvement in the market in terms of demand.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion