Lebanese converter: April import PE and PP prices rise
Looking at overall prices, they stand at $1250/ton for HDPE film, $1280/ton for HDPE blow moulding, $1300/ton for HDPE injection, $1260/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1270/ton for LDPE film, $1060/ton for PP raffia and injection, $1080/ton for PP film and fibre, $1140/ton for PPBC injection and $1240/ton for PPRC injection on CIF Beirut, Lebanon, 90 days deferred payment basis.
The buyer, who received these fresh levels, commented, “We were already expecting increases from the Saudi producer but, to be honest, the increase amounts exceeded our expectations a bit. Due to the new higher levels, market players appear to be in a panic mood so, they have started to place more inquiries. Therefore, we hear there is some improvement in the market in terms of demand.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019