Lebanon’s industrial exports fall in Jan-Sept period
In September, the country’s industrial orders posted a larger decrease of 24% on the year to $184.3 million compared to $242.5 million in the same month of 2015.
The recent data released by the Industry Ministry showed that electrical equipments held the largest share in the industrial exports with $47.3 million; it was followed by chemical industries with $31.2 million, food products with $30.7 million and metals with $16.2 million.
Arab countries were the largest importers of Lebanese goods with imports worth $107.6 million and a share of 58.4%. They were followed by European countries with 13.9%, African non-Arab countries with 11.9% and Asian non-Arab countries with 8.8%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic