Lebanon’s industrial exports fall in Jan-Sept period
In September, the country’s industrial orders posted a larger decrease of 24% on the year to $184.3 million compared to $242.5 million in the same month of 2015.
The recent data released by the Industry Ministry showed that electrical equipments held the largest share in the industrial exports with $47.3 million; it was followed by chemical industries with $31.2 million, food products with $30.7 million and metals with $16.2 million.
Arab countries were the largest importers of Lebanese goods with imports worth $107.6 million and a share of 58.4%. They were followed by European countries with 13.9%, African non-Arab countries with 11.9% and Asian non-Arab countries with 8.8%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines