Lebanon’s industrial exports fall in Jan-Sept period
In September, the country’s industrial orders posted a larger decrease of 24% on the year to $184.3 million compared to $242.5 million in the same month of 2015.
The recent data released by the Industry Ministry showed that electrical equipments held the largest share in the industrial exports with $47.3 million; it was followed by chemical industries with $31.2 million, food products with $30.7 million and metals with $16.2 million.
Arab countries were the largest importers of Lebanese goods with imports worth $107.6 million and a share of 58.4%. They were followed by European countries with 13.9%, African non-Arab countries with 11.9% and Asian non-Arab countries with 8.8%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends
- Asian PP, PE markets to start 2022 on a bearish note
- PET bottle prices rise 40% in 2021 across Asia
- Egypt’s PVC markets set to end 2021 on weaker footing