Lebanon’s industrial exports fall in Jan-Sept period
In September, the country’s industrial orders posted a larger decrease of 24% on the year to $184.3 million compared to $242.5 million in the same month of 2015.
The recent data released by the Industry Ministry showed that electrical equipments held the largest share in the industrial exports with $47.3 million; it was followed by chemical industries with $31.2 million, food products with $30.7 million and metals with $16.2 million.
Arab countries were the largest importers of Lebanese goods with imports worth $107.6 million and a share of 58.4%. They were followed by European countries with 13.9%, African non-Arab countries with 11.9% and Asian non-Arab countries with 8.8%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops