Libya closes El Feel oilfield on security guards strike
According to some analysts, the El Feel oilfield has a production capacity of 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) and the closure of the oilfield will cause the country’s oil output to fall below 500,000 barrels per day (bpd) to reach a level of only around one third of Libya’s oil output in 2001. The country’s 340,000 bpd El Sharara oilfield, which is close to El Feel, remains closed.
Meanwhile, protesters have recently shut one gas field in eastern Libya and are threatening to close another oil and gas field in Wafa, which may halt gas exports to Italy. Previously, the Irda gas field in the same region had been shut while the Sahel gas field is expected to shut soon. The two fields have a combined production capacity of 150 million cubic feet per day.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount