Libya’s oil production at highest of three years
The reports revealed that the country is also aiming to increase its oil output further to 1.25 million barrels/day by the end of 2017 in order to regain the losses it had due to the years-long political chaos and conflict it experienced.
All of the country’s export routes are open, the reports indicated, although some have low operation rates due to the damage they were exposed to during years of conflict.
The country opened its biggest oil refinery, Sharara, last month and one of its major oil ports, Zawiya, in early January, which positively affected the country’s oil sector. It is also exempt from OPEC’s global oil production cut deal.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period