Libyan converter obtains higher Saudi PP, PE prices for March
Most factories are closed in Libya due to the unstable political situation. Political instability has also causes a loss of labor power as many Egyptians laborers have fled the country due to the political unrest. Therefore, the overall Libyan market is very stagnant and conditions are not favorable at all,” he commented.
The buyer received HDPE film at $1270-1290/ton, HDPE b/m at $1280-1300/ton, HDPE inj. at $1290-1310/ton, LLDPE c4 film at $1270-1290/ton and LDPE film at $1270-1290/ton on CIF Tripoli, Libya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
He also received PP offers at $1240-1250/ton for PP film, $1250-1270/ton for PP fibre, $1220-1240/ton for PP raffia and injection, $1230-1250/ton for PP block copolymer injection and $1400-1420/ton for PP random copolymer pipe (Type 3).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe