Libyan converter obtains higher Saudi PP, PE prices for March
Most factories are closed in Libya due to the unstable political situation. Political instability has also causes a loss of labor power as many Egyptians laborers have fled the country due to the political unrest. Therefore, the overall Libyan market is very stagnant and conditions are not favorable at all,” he commented.
The buyer received HDPE film at $1270-1290/ton, HDPE b/m at $1280-1300/ton, HDPE inj. at $1290-1310/ton, LLDPE c4 film at $1270-1290/ton and LDPE film at $1270-1290/ton on CIF Tripoli, Libya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
He also received PP offers at $1240-1250/ton for PP film, $1250-1270/ton for PP fibre, $1220-1240/ton for PP raffia and injection, $1230-1250/ton for PP block copolymer injection and $1400-1420/ton for PP random copolymer pipe (Type 3).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe
- Tightness keeps European PVC firm; projections for Sept voiced