Local ABS natural market moves below import prices in Turkey
The local ABS market lacked of premium over the import levels despite distributors’ efforts to lift their offers up. Two weeks ago, the local ABS natural market started to trade at par with the imports, according to data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard, while the latest hikes pushed the import market above local prices.
Source: Price Wizard
The local ABS natural market was unchanged for another week at $1600-1650/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash not inc VAT. “Although our soaring replacement costs encouraged us to try higher offer levels, we could not obtain any increases. This is because there are still competitive prices for cargos with old costs from sellers who need to turn cash,” distributors complained. A local seller said, “We could not sell natural grade at $1700/ton as even $1650/ton hardly works nowadays.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure