Local ABS natural market moves below import prices in Turkey
The local ABS market lacked of premium over the import levels despite distributors’ efforts to lift their offers up. Two weeks ago, the local ABS natural market started to trade at par with the imports, according to data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard, while the latest hikes pushed the import market above local prices.
Source: Price Wizard
The local ABS natural market was unchanged for another week at $1600-1650/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash not inc VAT. “Although our soaring replacement costs encouraged us to try higher offer levels, we could not obtain any increases. This is because there are still competitive prices for cargos with old costs from sellers who need to turn cash,” distributors complained. A local seller said, “We could not sell natural grade at $1700/ton as even $1650/ton hardly works nowadays.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June