Local ABS natural market moves below import prices in Turkey
The local ABS market lacked of premium over the import levels despite distributors’ efforts to lift their offers up. Two weeks ago, the local ABS natural market started to trade at par with the imports, according to data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard, while the latest hikes pushed the import market above local prices.
Source: Price Wizard
The local ABS natural market was unchanged for another week at $1600-1650/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash not inc VAT. “Although our soaring replacement costs encouraged us to try higher offer levels, we could not obtain any increases. This is because there are still competitive prices for cargos with old costs from sellers who need to turn cash,” distributors complained. A local seller said, “We could not sell natural grade at $1700/ton as even $1650/ton hardly works nowadays.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global PET markets weighed by falling feedstock costs
- Run rate cuts managed to prop up Asian ethylene, propylene prices
- Saudi major revises down Sept PP, PE offers in East Med, Egypt
- Tightening supplies embolden PP producers to hike prices in SE Asia
- European PP, PE lose premium over global markets, what lies ahead?
- Turkey’s PVC market in flux amid calm demand, reduced supply
- China PE markets cautiously rebound after 5-month downtrend
- Taiwanese major’s Oct PVC pricing cuts surprise Asian markets
- PP, PE recovery elusive yet in India but seasonal strength round the corner
- Container freight rate slump deepens as weak demand seems here to stay