Local ABS natural market moves below import prices in Turkey
The local ABS market lacked of premium over the import levels despite distributors’ efforts to lift their offers up. Two weeks ago, the local ABS natural market started to trade at par with the imports, according to data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard, while the latest hikes pushed the import market above local prices.
Source: Price Wizard
The local ABS natural market was unchanged for another week at $1600-1650/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash not inc VAT. “Although our soaring replacement costs encouraged us to try higher offer levels, we could not obtain any increases. This is because there are still competitive prices for cargos with old costs from sellers who need to turn cash,” distributors complained. A local seller said, “We could not sell natural grade at $1700/ton as even $1650/ton hardly works nowadays.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?