Local HDPE inj. and b/m prices up on tightness in Indonesia
At the start of the week, a domestic producer cut its local PE offers for the first time since early July, applying a slight decrease of IDR130,000/ton ($10/ton) for HDPE film and pipe from a week earlier. The producer implemented larger decreases of IDR440,000/ton ($33/ton) for LLDPE injection and IDR870,000/ton ($65/ton) for LLDPE film.
A local distributor commented, “HDPE supplies are very limited as sellers are not willing to sell their cargoes at the current levels, believing that spot ethylene prices in Asia are still too high despite the recent downward corrections. HDPE blow moulding and injection are the tightest ones among other grades. Hence, buyers have to accept whatever level is given by suppliers.”
In Indonesia’s local market, the overall ranges for HDPE injection and blow moulding prices posted gains of around $20-30/ton when compared to last week.
A trader opined, “Overall demand is slow given weak economic conditions in Indonesia. In the PE market, LLDPE is the weakest product nowadays. The HDPE outlook continues to receive support from the ongoing availability issues.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally