Local HDPE inj. and b/m prices up on tightness in Indonesia
At the start of the week, a domestic producer cut its local PE offers for the first time since early July, applying a slight decrease of IDR130,000/ton ($10/ton) for HDPE film and pipe from a week earlier. The producer implemented larger decreases of IDR440,000/ton ($33/ton) for LLDPE injection and IDR870,000/ton ($65/ton) for LLDPE film.
A local distributor commented, “HDPE supplies are very limited as sellers are not willing to sell their cargoes at the current levels, believing that spot ethylene prices in Asia are still too high despite the recent downward corrections. HDPE blow moulding and injection are the tightest ones among other grades. Hence, buyers have to accept whatever level is given by suppliers.”
In Indonesia’s local market, the overall ranges for HDPE injection and blow moulding prices posted gains of around $20-30/ton when compared to last week.
A trader opined, “Overall demand is slow given weak economic conditions in Indonesia. In the PE market, LLDPE is the weakest product nowadays. The HDPE outlook continues to receive support from the ongoing availability issues.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming in China PE market stronger than PP since mid-June
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July