Local HIPS prices losing premium over GPPS in China
The data also shows that local HIPS prices are currently carrying a premium of around $30/ton over local GPPS prices.
A player stated, “Local PS prices have been tracking a downward trend for some time in the face of lower energy markets as well as lackluster demand. However, HIPS prices seem to be losing more ground than GPPS prices as demand for GPPS is relatively better.”
In China, local prices for A grade materials are currently reported at CNY9900-10200/ton ($1365-1406/ton without VAT) for GPPS and at CNY10200-10500/ton ($1406-1448/ton without VAT) for HIPS, all on an ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months