Local HIPS regains its premium over GPPS in Turkey
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
In the distribution market, the overall GPPS range was down $30/ton on the low end to be reported at $1920-2010/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT amidst the recent downward corrections in the import market and mediocre demand. Yet, local GPPS prices between $2060-2100/ton were talked over the past one month in tandem with rising costs of imports. “These prices were deemed overrated by many players while the increases lost steam in line with the easing supplies in the locally-held market,” a distributor commented.
However, the HIPS tightness remains in place as many distributors confirmed having no material on hand to offer, which helped the market to hold flat. The overall HIPS range was unchanged on the week at $2050-2125/ton inc VAT. A manufacturer commented, “The downward pressure on GPPS is more visible as supply for HIPS remains tight while it is comparatively ample for GPPS.”
Lower feedstock costs in Europe and Asia are in line with falling crude oil prices, which has been hovering below $48/barrel recently. These continue to weigh down on Turkey’s PS market despite the high season. On another note, the lack of PS supplies from Iran ahead of Newroz Holiday may counterbalance weak demand and keep the softening in check to some extent, players remind.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years