Local LDPE, LLDPE supply tight in Thailand
A trader in Bangkok commented, “LDPE supply from PTT is quite tight, although it is expected to turn back to normal by the second week of October. We expect prices to hover around current levels until demand picks up. However, there are few done deals. If demand remains stagnant we believe that producers will have to lower their offers.”
An end product manufacturer said, “Local LDPE and LLDPE supplies are rather tight. We only buy in small quantities and expect demand to revive in October.”
A distributor also affirmed the local tightness, saying, “LDPE supply is limited due to a production issue at PTT while LLDPE supply has also been tight for some time in Thailand. However, this does not create much problem as demand is slow due to the rainy weather and buyers’ reluctance to buy as they still have some inventories on hand.”
Local LLDPE c4 film prices stand at THB45500-46000/ton ($1312-1327/ton) on FD Thailand, cash excluding VAT basis while LDPE film prices are reported at THB45000-46000/ton ($1298-1327/ton) with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East