Local LDPE, LLDPE supply tight in Thailand
A trader in Bangkok commented, “LDPE supply from PTT is quite tight, although it is expected to turn back to normal by the second week of October. We expect prices to hover around current levels until demand picks up. However, there are few done deals. If demand remains stagnant we believe that producers will have to lower their offers.”
An end product manufacturer said, “Local LDPE and LLDPE supplies are rather tight. We only buy in small quantities and expect demand to revive in October.”
A distributor also affirmed the local tightness, saying, “LDPE supply is limited due to a production issue at PTT while LLDPE supply has also been tight for some time in Thailand. However, this does not create much problem as demand is slow due to the rainy weather and buyers’ reluctance to buy as they still have some inventories on hand.”
Local LLDPE c4 film prices stand at THB45500-46000/ton ($1312-1327/ton) on FD Thailand, cash excluding VAT basis while LDPE film prices are reported at THB45000-46000/ton ($1298-1327/ton) with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem