Local PE prices move lower in China
“We see more offers for locally-held cargoes this week and this is exerting some downward pressure on the local market,” the trader commented.
Domestic prices currently stand at CNY11050-11450/ton ($1551-1607/ton) for LDPE film and at CNY9600-10650/ton ($1347-1495/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film whereas locally-held imports are being quoted at CNY10200-11300/ton ($1432-1586/ton without VAT) for LDPE film and at CNY9550-10800/ton ($1340-1516/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film, all on an ex-warehouse China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa