Local PET prices dip to multi-year lows in Indonesia
A bottle manufacturer reported that he secured some PET from the local market with a $10/ton discount at $850/ton on an FD, cash basis. The buyer stated, “Demand remains slow and we are still limiting our purchases to our immediate needs.”
A source from an Indonesian producer commented, “The market is very quiet as most players have already left their desks for the year-end holidays. We are still offering PET at $900/ton FD, cash. However, we are willing to give discounts to buyers placing firm bids.”
In Indonesia, local PET prices are currently reported at a range of $850-900/ton on an FD, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?