Local PET prices dip to multi-year lows in Indonesia
A bottle manufacturer reported that he secured some PET from the local market with a $10/ton discount at $850/ton on an FD, cash basis. The buyer stated, “Demand remains slow and we are still limiting our purchases to our immediate needs.”
A source from an Indonesian producer commented, “The market is very quiet as most players have already left their desks for the year-end holidays. We are still offering PET at $900/ton FD, cash. However, we are willing to give discounts to buyers placing firm bids.”
In Indonesia, local PET prices are currently reported at a range of $850-900/ton on an FD, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?