Local PET prices dip to multi-year lows in Indonesia
A bottle manufacturer reported that he secured some PET from the local market with a $10/ton discount at $850/ton on an FD, cash basis. The buyer stated, “Demand remains slow and we are still limiting our purchases to our immediate needs.”
A source from an Indonesian producer commented, “The market is very quiet as most players have already left their desks for the year-end holidays. We are still offering PET at $900/ton FD, cash. However, we are willing to give discounts to buyers placing firm bids.”
In Indonesia, local PET prices are currently reported at a range of $850-900/ton on an FD, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge