Local PET prices firm up in China
In Asia, CFR China based spot MEG prices have increased by more than $75/ton since the start of May to be currently reported at around $770-775/ton.
A domestic producer increased its local offers by CNY250/ton ($36/ton) from last week to CNY7100/ton ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis ($881/ton without VAT). “MEG prices have been increasing lately and pushing PET prices higher,” a source from the producer commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets