Local PET prices move lower in China
A bottle manufacturer commented, “Demand is not doing well in the local market as buyers are reluctant to build stocks ahead of the holidays. When compared to the recent years, the Chinese New Year holiday is to start earlier this year. The upcoming new capacities are also exerting pressure on the market.”
China’s Zhejiang Wankai is planning to launch its new PET line before the holiday starts. The new line has a production capacity of 550,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, spot MEG prices surged by around $60/ton from a week earlier to reach $900-905/ton CFR China. When compared to early December, prices are up by $155/ton.
The overall range for local PET prices currently stands at CNY7850-8250/ton ($965-1015/ton without VAT) on an ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets