Local PET prices move lower in China
A bottle manufacturer commented, “Demand is not doing well in the local market as buyers are reluctant to build stocks ahead of the holidays. When compared to the recent years, the Chinese New Year holiday is to start earlier this year. The upcoming new capacities are also exerting pressure on the market.”
China’s Zhejiang Wankai is planning to launch its new PET line before the holiday starts. The new line has a production capacity of 550,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, spot MEG prices surged by around $60/ton from a week earlier to reach $900-905/ton CFR China. When compared to early December, prices are up by $155/ton.
The overall range for local PET prices currently stands at CNY7850-8250/ton ($965-1015/ton without VAT) on an ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends
- Asian PP, PE markets to start 2022 on a bearish note
- PET bottle prices rise 40% in 2021 across Asia
- Egypt’s PVC markets set to end 2021 on weaker footing