Local PET prices move lower in China
A bottle manufacturer commented, “Demand is not doing well in the local market as buyers are reluctant to build stocks ahead of the holidays. When compared to the recent years, the Chinese New Year holiday is to start earlier this year. The upcoming new capacities are also exerting pressure on the market.”
China’s Zhejiang Wankai is planning to launch its new PET line before the holiday starts. The new line has a production capacity of 550,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, spot MEG prices surged by around $60/ton from a week earlier to reach $900-905/ton CFR China. When compared to early December, prices are up by $155/ton.
The overall range for local PET prices currently stands at CNY7850-8250/ton ($965-1015/ton without VAT) on an ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins