Local PET prices move lower in China
A bottle manufacturer commented, “Demand is not doing well in the local market as buyers are reluctant to build stocks ahead of the holidays. When compared to the recent years, the Chinese New Year holiday is to start earlier this year. The upcoming new capacities are also exerting pressure on the market.”
China’s Zhejiang Wankai is planning to launch its new PET line before the holiday starts. The new line has a production capacity of 550,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, spot MEG prices surged by around $60/ton from a week earlier to reach $900-905/ton CFR China. When compared to early December, prices are up by $155/ton.
The overall range for local PET prices currently stands at CNY7850-8250/ton ($965-1015/ton without VAT) on an ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?