Local PET prices move lower in China
A bottle manufacturer commented, “Demand is not doing well in the local market as buyers are reluctant to build stocks ahead of the holidays. When compared to the recent years, the Chinese New Year holiday is to start earlier this year. The upcoming new capacities are also exerting pressure on the market.”
China’s Zhejiang Wankai is planning to launch its new PET line before the holiday starts. The new line has a production capacity of 550,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, spot MEG prices surged by around $60/ton from a week earlier to reach $900-905/ton CFR China. When compared to early December, prices are up by $155/ton.
The overall range for local PET prices currently stands at CNY7850-8250/ton ($965-1015/ton without VAT) on an ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe