Local PET prices move lower in Indonesia
A converter reported purchasing some local PET at $840/ton on an FD Indonesia, cash basis. He commented, “Local prices are currently more competitive than offers for Chinese materials. We believe that prices will witness additional reductions in the days ahead as crude oil costs are significantly lower.”
A source from a local producer also stated, “We concluded a deal at $860/ton FD, cash. However, this level is too low to cover our production costs.”
In Indonesia, local PET prices are currently reported at $840-860/ton on an FD, cash equivalent basis. According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, the range indicates decreases of $20-50/ton when compared to the previous week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets