Local PET prices move lower in Thailand
“Despite fresh declines in local prices, buyers are still sourcing on an as-needed basis as they think that prices still have some room to decline. We are also expecting further declines in prices due to sufficient supply levels and we believe that local prices should fall to around THB30000-THB31000/ton ($833-861/ton). Demand for our end products has slightly improved due to the upcoming Christmas and New Year holidays; however, compared to last year, demand is still weak. We hope that demand will hold steady until February due to Chinese New Year preparations,” reported the buyer.
A distributor also said, “Trading activities in the local market are very quite due to the upcoming Christmas holidays. We managed to sell some material this week but in small volumes. Buyers are expecting to see further declines in prices in January, so they are refraining from buying beyond their needs. Currently, buyers are taking a wait and see stance while giving bids at THB30000 ($833/ton).”
Domestic PET prices in Thailand are currently being quoted at THB31250-31500/ton ($865-872/ton) FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak