Local PET prices move lower in Thailand
“Despite fresh declines in local prices, buyers are still sourcing on an as-needed basis as they think that prices still have some room to decline. We are also expecting further declines in prices due to sufficient supply levels and we believe that local prices should fall to around THB30000-THB31000/ton ($833-861/ton). Demand for our end products has slightly improved due to the upcoming Christmas and New Year holidays; however, compared to last year, demand is still weak. We hope that demand will hold steady until February due to Chinese New Year preparations,” reported the buyer.
A distributor also said, “Trading activities in the local market are very quite due to the upcoming Christmas holidays. We managed to sell some material this week but in small volumes. Buyers are expecting to see further declines in prices in January, so they are refraining from buying beyond their needs. Currently, buyers are taking a wait and see stance while giving bids at THB30000 ($833/ton).”
Domestic PET prices in Thailand are currently being quoted at THB31250-31500/ton ($865-872/ton) FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed